Friday, December 9, 2011

Most Priceless Knowledge




"Christmas is such a joyful time. I remember those happy Christmas traditions in the home of my parents. What joy was ours at Christmas time with our noble parents and their eleven children.


When our own family was growing up, my wife, Flora, and the children would decorate our home with holly and pine boughs and then bake delicious cakes and cookies. The spirit of love and giving seemed to abound.



I hope your homes reflect that same joy.



But I also hope that the commemoration of the Christmas season is more than just a tradition in your homes. I hope it reflects your deep abiding testimony of the divinity of our Savior’s birth and mission. And I hope that the sweet peace you feel during this season will cause you to be ever more committed to live his teachings and thereby demonstrate your love and allegiance to him.


As a special witness of our Lord Jesus Christ, I bear my testimony that he whose birth we commemorate at this special season is our Savior, our Redeemer, and our Lord.


Not only was he born in a humble setting in Bethlehem and crucified on a cross on Golgotha, but on the third day he arose from the grave. Today he lives! Of that I personally testify. I know it. He is close to this Church and to his servants.


The knowledge that he lives is the most priceless knowledge in the world."